Welcome to Dundee Museum of Transport
Dundee Museum of Transport opened in April 2014 at our temporary premises at Market Mews. We tell the stories of local transport pioneers and innovators as well as displaying vehicles from local and national collections. Come along and learn about Dundee’s tram network, railway and marine history from our team of enthusiastic volunteer guides. Look around our constantly changing selection vehicles, get up close and personal with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and have a look at our recreation of Dundee’s first flying machine. Interested? Click here to plan your visit with us!
Dundee Museum of Transport achieved Accredited status in 2018 and is committed to developing the museum and it’s collection to a high standard. Download our Collections Development Policy and Documentation Policy to find out more.
You can also find out more about how we operate by viewing our annual accounts here:
All current and potential suppliers are advised that the Dundee Museum of Transport operates a formal computerised Purchase Order (PO) system. No orders should be accepted from the Museum without a PO and it follows that any Invoice submitted to the Museum must have a valid PO Number and date. If you are a potential supplier, we would be pleased to hear from you and ask that you use the Contact us page here.
Latest news from Dundee Museum of Transport
- Steam Weekend 2019
- On this day: 3rd April (1832), the full extent of the Dundee and Newtyle Railway line opens
- “Preparing for the Future” Heritage Lottery Funded Project comes to an end at Dundee Museum of Transport
- Ford – Sierra RS Cosworth – 1986-1987 (United Kingdom)
- Museum Annual Pass Launched
- Diesel Reek Nostalgia fundraising night
- Dundee Museum of Transport Re-opening Reception
- Ford Fiesta – Mk. III – 1996 (1.1 Litre). Charity Car
- Dundee Museum of Transport & Alzheimer’s Scotland Project