A joint venture between Dundee Museum of Transport and Airport Travel Dundee is aiming to link the City’s cultural heritage attractions by coach. Supported by Scottish Enterprise’s Cultural Tourism Fund, the tours will see passengers guided to attractions and served afternoon tea before making their final stop at the top of the law to take in the stunning panoramic view of the City.
Four trial tours will be taking place on the following date: 25 & 26 April and 2 & 3 May. The museum is eager to recruit four volunteer guides to escort the passengers during their tour.
The conductors will be the first point of contact with the passengers. Main duties will include:
- Ensuring all passengers are accounted for from the beginning to the end of the tour.
- Making sure the tour stays on schedule.
- Providing a link between the attractions, ensuring that they are aware of the visit before arrival.
- Ensuring the safety of passengers while they are on the bus.
- Providing historical information about the City, the attractions being visited and answering any questions passengers may have.
- Gathering passenger feedback.
Training will be provided for this role. Conductors will be enrolled in the WorldHost Training Scheme and will be provided with appropriate resources to carry out the role.
The following skills and knowledge will be an advantage for any potential conductor:
- Excellent communication skills.
- A friendly and confident manner.
- A familiarity with Dundee’s past, present and ambitions for the future and a willingness to learn more about the City.
Passengers will be able to book tours Monday – Sunday from around 10am until 4pm therefore a flexible approach to this role is required.
If this sounds like something you would like to be involved with then get in touch! Please send a CV no later than 5pm on Wednesday 5th April to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, T: 01382 455196