Welcome to Dundee Museum of Transport
Dundee Museum of Transport opened in April 2014 after three years of building renovation and preparation. In the last year we have expanded our exhibition space with a recently added third display hall.
We are pleased to welcome visitors to our museum, centrally placed in Dundee and with an expanding and varied collection. We aim to tell the stories of local transport pioneers and innovators as well as displaying vehicles from local and national collections. Come along and learn about Dundee’s tram network, railway and marine history. Look around our constantly changing selection of cars, commercial vehicles and buses. Get up close and personal with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and have a look at our recreation of Dundee’s first flying machine. When you have completed your tour, enjoy a cuppa’ and a cake in our tearoom, and browse the merchandise in our shop. We host transport related events throughout the year, so keep an eye on our website for details of these, and new additions to our collection.
Latest news from Dundee Museum of Transport
- 1915 MODEL T FORD
- School Visits at Dundee Museum of Transport
- Tay Rail Bridge Disaster Memorial Trust Donation
- Volunteer Conductors Needed!
- Spring / Summer 2017 Season begins!
- W. Brown Roadworks at Maryfield Tram Depot
- Going Once… Going Twice… SOLD to Dundee Museum of Transport
- Donation from The Weaver Incorporation of Dundee
- Fundraise for free when you shop on-line!